21st Birthday



It was my 21st birthday a few days ago and I spent it mostly eating and going to the gym. We tried to go to one of my favourite sandwich places, Meat and Bread, but the gas town location was closed for renovation. Then we went to lift weights at the Steve Nash gym at coal harbour. It has a really nice view and the equipment was nice, but unfortunately I felt too sick to get a good workout in. Lastly, we went to eat a the Dark Table, which is the place I've been wanting to go to for a really long time now. I was not let down, and the experience was amazing. For those of you who do not know what Dark Table is, it is a restaurant that is served in complete darkness, with visually impaired servers. As I walked into the restaurant, I was instantly surrounded by noise. We got to our table and felt a napkin, side plate, and cutlery in front of us. We had to sit across from each other because if you want to sit together, you'd have to request it beforehand. Our waiter then brought us complementary bread, and I must say, putting on the butter was the hardest part of the whole dining experience. I ended up using my hands to eat the rest of the dishes. We ordered the prawn risotto and a surprise dish, both of which were delicious. The surprise dishes were: kale salad to start off with, curry fish with rice for the main entree, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Overall, we both enjoyed this experience and we are definitely going back, but we will request to sit beside each other for next time!

SWEATER: oak + fort (noul) | PANTS: oak + fort